Africar © 2022. All rights reserved
“Any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person (‘data subject’); an identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person”.
Africar may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of other businesses. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy notices and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for their privacy obligations. Please check their privacy notices before you submit any Personal Information to these websites.
1. Information We Collect.
Personal Information” is any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person. “Process” or “Processing” means any operation which is performed upon Personal Information. The types or categories of Personal Information we collect and how we collect and Process it depends on the nature of the relationship you have with Africar and the requirements of all the applicable laws. We may collect the following information:
Information You Provide Directly to Us: We collect Personal Information you provide directly to us, including Personal Information and transaction information when you use the Africar, including your account information such as name, phone number, email address, and a valid debit and/or credit card number when you create a Africar Account or a Africar Merchant Account, your contact information when you communicate with us, and information you may provide to us in connection with surveys, contests, or sweepstakes. When you communicate with Africar (via email or telephone) we may collect the contents of those communications, including recording the call time, call duration, and contents of telephone calls.
Information from Other Sources: When you make a booking from a Africar Merchant Limited using your Africar Account, Africar collects information of your purchase such as order information, booking updates, booking frequency, Africar Merchant account information, and any rewards or discounts applicable to your bookings. Africar may also obtain information about you from other sources, including publicly- or commercially available information and through third-party partners and service providers.
Automatic Data Collection: We may collect certain information automatically through your use of the Africar (including our App and websites), such as your Internet protocol (IP) address, Technologies including cookie identifiers and mobile advertising identifiers, mobile carrier, MAC address, IMEI, and other device identifiers that are automatically assigned to your device, browser type and language, geo-location information, hardware type, operating system, Internet service provider, pages that you visit before and after using the Africar, the date and time of your visit, the amount of time you spend on each page, information about the links you click and pages you view within the Africar, and other information about actions taken through use of the Africar.
2. How Africar Limited Uses Information
We Process Personal Information for a variety of business purposes, including:
To Provide the Africar or Information Requested by You.: Africar will use your Personal Information to provide the Africar services. For example, if you have a Africar Account, Africar will use your Personal Information in connection with your transactions with Africar Merchants, including to
- process payments for purchases from Africar Merchants;
- verify your identity to approve transactions, and monitor your online behaviour to identify potentially fraudulent, prohibited or illegal transactions (including through the use of automated decision making technologies);
- communicate with you about your bookings, and
- to personalize your booking experience with Africar.
For Administrative Purposes: Africar may use your Personal Information for our administrative purposes, including
- to respond to your questions, comments, and other requests for customer support, technical support, or information, including information about potential or future services;
- to send you an SMS login code;
- to provide you access to certain areas, functionalities, and features of the Africar;
- for internal quality control purposes;
- if you have a Africar Account or Africar Merchant Account, to communicate with you about your Africar Account and the Africar, including by sending emails to the email address you provide to us to verify your account and for informational and operational purposes, such as account management, customer service, or system maintenance, and changes to Africar policies;
- to enforce our agreements; and
- to generally administer the Africar.
To Market Africar: Africar may use Personal Information to market the Africar services as permitted by the applicable laws. Such uses include
- notifying you about offers and services that may be of interest to you;
- tailoring content, advertisements, and offers for you;
- conducting market research;
- developing and marketing new products and services, and measure interest in Africar’s services;
- other purposes disclosed at the time you provide Personal Information; and
- as you otherwise consent.
De-identified and Aggregated Information Use: Africar may use Personal Information and other information about you to create de-identified and/or aggregated information. De-identified or aggregated information is not Personal Information, and Africar may use such information in a number of ways, including the measurement of visitors’ interest in and use of various portions or features of the Africar services, for research, internal analysis, analytics, and any other legally permissible purposes.
3. Sharing Your Information.
We may share your information as set forth below:
Service Providers: We may share any information we receive with service providers that help us provide the Africar services. The types of service providers to whom we entrust Personal Information include service providers for:
- the provision of the Africar services;
- the provision of hosting, IT and related services;
- the provision of information and services you have requested;
- payment processing; and
- customer service activities.
Affiliates: Africar may share Personal Information with our Affiliates for our and our Affiliates’ internal business purposes or to provide you with a service that you have requested. “Affiliate” means any entity that, directly or indirectly, controls, is controlled by, or is under common control with Africar.
Business Partners: Africar may also provide Personal Information to business partners with whom we may jointly offer products or services, or whose products or services we believe may be of interest to you. Africar requires our Affiliates and business partners to maintain the confidentiality and security of Personal Information they maintain on our behalf and not to use it for any purpose other than the purpose for which Africar provided them.
Advertising Partners: Through the Africar services, Africar may allow third-party advertising partners to set Technologies (e.g., cookies) to collect information regarding your activities (e.g., your IP address, cookie identifier, page(s) visited, time of day etc). These advertising partners may use this information (and similar information collected from other websites) for purposes of delivering targeted advertisements to you when you visit non-Africar related websites within their networks. This practice is commonly referred to as “interest-based advertising” or “personalized advertising.” If you prefer that we do not share your Personal Information with third party advertising partners, you may opt out of such sharing.
Disclosures to Protect Us or Others: We may access, preserve, and disclose any information we have associated with you if we believe doing so is required or appropriate to:
- comply with law enforcement or national security requests and legal process, such as a court order or subpoena;
- respond to your requests;
- protect yours’, ours’ or others’ rights, property, or safety;
- enforce Africar policies or contracts;
- collect amounts owed to Africar;
- prevent physical harm or financial loss or in connection with an investigation or prosecution of suspected or actual illegal activity; or
- carry out actions that we believe are otherwise necessary or advisable. In addition, from time to time, server logs may be reviewed for security purposes – e.g., to detect unauthorized activity on our services. In such cases, server log data containing IP addresses may be shared with law enforcement bodies in order that they may identify users in connection with their investigation of the unauthorized or illegal activities.
Merger, Sale, or Other Asset Transfers: If we are involved in a merger, acquisition, financing due diligence, reorganization, bankruptcy, receivership, sale of company assets, or transition of service to another provider, then your information may be sold or transferred as part of such a transaction as permitted by laws and/or contract.
International Data Transfers: All Personal Information collected by Africar will be transferred to and stored in the Federal Republic of Nigeria. By choosing to visit our website, utilize the Africar services or otherwise provide information to us, you acknowledge that your Personal Information may be transferred to countries outside of your country of residence, including the Federal Republic of Nigeria, which may have different data protection rules to those of your country.
4. How to Exercise Your Rights
You may have choices about our use and disclosure of your Personal Information:
Direct Marketing: Email. If you receive an unwanted email from us, you can use the unsubscribe link found at the bottom of the email to opt out of receiving future emails, and we will process your request within a reasonable time after receipt. We may also send you certain non-promotional communications regarding Africar and Africar services and you will not be able to opt out of those communications.
Your Privacy Rights; In accordance with applicable law, you may have the right to:
- request confirmation of whether we are processing your Personal Information;
- obtain access to or a copy of your Personal Information;
- receive an electronic copy of Personal Information that you have provided to us, or ask us to send that information to another company (the “right of data portability”);
- object to or restrict our uses of your Personal Information;
- seek correction or amendment of inaccurate, untrue, incomplete, or improperly processed Personal Information;
- withdraw your consent; and
- request erasure of Personal Information held about you by us, subject to certain exceptions prescribed by law. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us as set forth below.
We will process such requests in accordance with all the applicable laws. To protect your privacy, we will take steps to verify your identity before fulfilling your request.
5. Security of Your Information
6. Data Retention
7. Children’s Privacy
Our services are not directed to children. If you are under the age of 18 (eighteen) you are not permitted to use the Africar services. We do not knowingly collect Personal Information from children under 16 (sixteen). If we learn that we have collected Personal Information of a child under 16(sixteen), we will take steps to delete such information from our files as soon as possible and terminate the child’s account and/or the proxy account used by the child.
9. How to Contact Us
10. Can I find out the personal data that Africar Limited holds about me?
Africar Limited at your request, can confirm what information we hold about you and how it is processed. If Africar Limited does hold personal data about you, you can request the following information:
- Contact details of the data protection officer, where applicable.
- The purpose of the processing as well as the legal basis for processing.
- If the processing is based on the legitimate interests of Africar Limited or a third party, information about those interests.
- The categories of personal data collected, stored and processed.
- Recipient(s) or categories of recipients that the data is/will be disclosed to.
- If we intend to transfer the personal data to a third party or international organization, information about how we ensure this is done securely. The Attorney General of the Federation will approve sending personal data to some countries because they meet a minimum standard of data protection. In other cases, we will ensure there are specific measures in place to secure your information.
- How long the data will be stored.
- Details of your rights to correct, erase, restrict or object to such processing.
- Information about your right to withdraw consent at any time.
- How to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority (NITDA).
- Whether the provision of personal data is a statutory or contractual requirement, or a requirement necessary to enter into a contract, as well as whether you are obliged to provide the personal data and the possible consequences of failing to provide such data.
- The source of personal data if it wasn’t collected directly from you.
- Any details and information of automated decision making, such as profiling, and any meaningful information about the logic involved, as well as the significance and expected consequences of such processing.
11. What forms of ID will I need to provide in order to access this?
Africar accepts the following forms of ID (but not limited to) when information on your personal data is requested: International Passport, driving license, national identity card, permanent voter card.
12. You Fail to Provide Personal Data
Where we need to collect personal data by law, or under the terms of a contract we have with you and you fail to provide that data when requested, we may not be able to perform the contract we have or are trying to enter into with you. We may have to cancel a product or service you have with us but we will endeavour to notify you if this is the case at the time.